Friday, January 21st, 2022
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Volunteering for Cycles of Life for Supportive Transitional Living is a great way to join a fun and community-minded team of people helping our neighbours fight food insecurity, clothing, hygiene products, and being inclusive with a family atmosphere. You will make an immediate and positive difference in their lives.
Newly recruited volunteers at Cycles of Life begin as “backup” volunteers who come in when our “regular” volunteers are away. After a few weeks, as these “backup” volunteers gain experience with how the organization runs, they usually become “regular” volunteers who come in for shifts each week.
Most of our positions require the ability to lift at least 25 lbs (11 kg).
We are a 100% volunteer-run organization. We rely on the generosity of our many volunteers who give their time, energy, and skills to help those in need in our community.
We are located: 1. Woodstock Ontario in the parking lot of College Ave United Church, Wilson St. 1-3pm
2. Ingersoll Ontario – in the downtown area by the Gazebo. 1-3pm
3. Tillsonburg Ontario – in the Upper Deck on Queen St. 3-5pm
4. Tillsonburg Ontario – warehouse
Basic Requirements for All Volunteers:
• You must be at least 18 years of age.
• You must provide: two pieces of identification (at least one of which must be government-issued photo identification) and a Police Criminal Record Check (after acceptance of your application).
• Shifts are two to four hours long. We have shifts on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays during the day. We do not operate on evenings or weekends.
Examples of work done by our Volunteers:
• Unloading from truck deliveries;
• Sorting and organizing groceries;
• Putting groceries away;
• Managing inventory; sorting
• Packing grocery hampers;
• Preparing groceries for distribution to clients;
• Providing food to clients;
• Setting up and cleaning up our centre.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a short application to complete.
More Information (104.7 Heart FM is not responsible for external websites)
The event runs from 12:00pm to 1:00pm on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.