Carbon Monoxide Scares in Woodstock

file photo

The Woodstock Fire Department responded to three calls last night related to Carbon Monoxide.

WOODSTOCK - The Woodstock Fire Department responded to three carbon monoxide calls last night. 

All three were caused by faulty detectors. The Fire Department says if your alarm goes off, you need to exit the home immediately and call 911. If there had been CO present it could have been deadly!

Over 65% of all carbon monoxide deaths in Ontario happen inside the home. Everyday appliances can produce CO, including your stove, gas dryer, furnace, water heater and portable fuel heater. 

The Woodstock Fire Department is reminding to check your CO detectors and make sure they have working batteries. 

More from Local News

Comments

Add a comment

Log in to the club or enter your details below.

Weather