George Strait - You Look So Good In Love

Listen Live

Ebike Battery Sparks Dundas Fire

$25,000 in property damage and $15,000 in content damage is reported after an ebike battery overheated on Dundas Street yesterday.

WOODSTOCK - No one was injured after a fire broke out on Dundas Street in the Friendly City.

Lisa Woods, Public Information Coordinator with the Woodstock Fire Department, says an ebike battery overheated inside the building.

"The owner did arrive to see it on fire and called 911. They tried to extinguish it with a dry chemical extinguisher which didn't do the job."

Woods says firefighters were called out to the scene at 1:51 p.m.

"When we arrived we entered the building, there was a large amount of smoke and there was an ebike on fire. We brought the ebike outside and we were able to have the fire knocked down by 2:16 p.m."

$25,000 in property damage and $15,000 in content damage has been reported.

More from Local News


Add a comment

Log in to the club or enter your details below.


Recently Played