Fanshawe College is cancelling all classes for the week of March 16-20, 2020 at all campus locations including Woodstock.
WOODSTOCK - Fanshawe College is cancelling all classes for the week of March 16-20, 2020 at all campus locations including Woodstock.
Fanshawe President Peter Devlin says the health and safety of our students is my priority.
“The College has been monitoring the COVID-19 situation and has been working closely with the Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) and the Ontario Ministry of Colleges and Universities.”
Based on the information the College has today, Fanshawe has made the following decisions:
- Fanshawe is cancelling all classes for the week of March 16 – 20, 2020. This break will allow the College to further evaluate the situation and provide faculty and staff time to develop alternative ways of delivering course content. Apprenticeship and dual credit classes at Fanshawe are also cancelled.
- As much learning as possible will be available through online classes starting March 23, 2020. In-person classes will resume in alignment with the elementary and secondary schools, currently scheduled for April 6, 2020. More information about alternative class arrangements will be communicated by Thursday, March 19, 2020.
- Co-op and other job placements may continue as scheduled or change based on direction from the individual employer.
- Fanshawe buildings, facilities and services will remain open. Student services will continue to operate, including Counselling and Accessibility Services, student residences, food services, the library, study labs and lounges and the Student Wellness Centre.
- All College events and intramural sports are cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- The College has implemented additional measures to ensure student and staff safety including enhanced cleaning protocols in all of our locations, with particular focus on high traffic and high contact areas. The College has added additional housekeeping staff to ensure all high-touch surfaces are frequently cleaned and disinfected. Fanshawe is following Public Health Ontario’s guidance for Cleaning and Disinfection for Public Spaces to address COVID-19.