A Good Samiritan pulled a person from an open body of water on Prouse Road on Saturday afternoon and performed CPR, possibly saving their life.
SOUTH-WEST OXFORD - Oxford OPP and Oxford EMS responded to a near drowning in South West Oxford on Saturday.
Thankfully bystander was able to rescue a struggling swimmer in an open body of water on Prouse Road Saturday afternoon. The good Samaritan pulled the adult from the water and did CPR immediately, possibly saving their life. They were then taken to the hospital by EMS who had just arrived on scene as a precaution.
Oxford OPP want to remind everyone of a few tips for water safety:
- Learn how to swim - it's never too late and it could save a life
- Only swim in water deep enough that you can manage
- Always swim with a buddy, in case of an emergency
- Avoid alcohol when planning to swim, or be near water
- Wear or have a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) nearby at all times
- Keep a cell phone handy, in the event of an emergency