The City of Woodstock received a record number of donations last week for the annual Christmas Decoration Exchange Drop Off. They will be giving away the items for free this Saturday at Goff Hall.
WOODSTOCK - The City of Woodstock received a record number of donations last week for the annual Christmas Decoration Exchange Drop Off.
This means they have a ton of gorgeous Christmas decorations to give away this year. The distribution day is on Saturday, November 21 for the "New to You" free shopping event at Goff Hall.
They will have them laid out at the Goff Hall between 8:30 am and 10:30 am. They will have a number of new restrictions this year because of COVID-19 based on the recommendations from Southwestern Public Health including the following:
- All collected items have sat for a complete week and have been fogged to assure additional disinfecting recommendations.
- Only 15 people will be allowed to shop at any given time
- We will rely on the good judgement of those shopping in respect to the amount of time they’re taking so that as many people as possible might take advantage of this popular program … gentle reminders will
be given for violators.
- Contract tracing and screening will occur before entering the hall.
- Masks MUST be worn at all times.
- Social distancing must be adhered to prior to entering hall, please dress warmly if in the event lineups develop.
- Shoppers are to follow arrows through to exit, no back tracking allowed.
- Some boxes and containers are available but it is suggested you might want to bring your own.
For additional details and updates please monitor the City of Woodstock website: www.cityofwoodstock.ca and Face Book page.