Oxford County has recently installed 6 new pedestrian crossovers in Drumbo, Innerkip, Ingersoll, and Tillsonburg with a 7th crosswalk currently being installed in Thamesford.
OXFORD COUNTY - Oxford County has recently installed 6 new pedestrian crossovers in Drumbo, Innerkip, Ingersoll, and Tillsonburg.
A 7th crosswalk is currently being built in Thamesford and should be ready by the end of the month.
The new pedestrian crossovers are in the following locations.
- Oxford Street West at Henry Street
- Oxford Street East at Mechanic Street
- Blandford Street at Stratford Street and Young Street
- Oxford Road 33 at Stonegate Road
- Bell Streeet and McKeand Street
- Tillson Avenue at Fourth Street
- Dundas Street West at George Street (Coming Soon)
Pedestrians have the right of way at the crossovers and drivers and cyclists must stop when the lights are flashing. Drivers are being reminded to watch out for the new crosswalks and stop behind the pacement markings.