World's Best Music playing Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

Listen Live

Fire at Klassx Performance in Woodstock

The quick action of a passerby and of the firefighters prevented the large garage component of the business from suffering fire damage.

WOODSTOCK - A passerby noticed flames in the front window of Klassx Performance Auto Centre and called for help around 12:04 a.m today.  

Firefighters were fast to the scene at 125 Main Street and quickly brought the flames under control. 

The quick action of the passerby and of the firefighters prevented the large garage component of the business from suffering fire damage.

The investigation determined the fire started in the Kitchen area of the office and was caused by improper use of an extension cord powering the refrigerator and microwave.

Damage caused by the fire is estimated at $45,000.

The Fire Prevention Division is reminding residents that extension cords should be used only as a temporary connection. If permanent wiring is required, have additional outlets installed by a licensed electrician. Extension cords should not be linked together—use an extension cord that is long enough to do the job. Air conditioners and other heavy appliances should be plugged directly into an outlet.

 

More from Local News

Comments

Add a comment

Log in to the club or enter your details below.

Weather

Recently Played