The Premier of Ontario announced 7 more regions that can enter into Stage 3 on Friday, including Haldimand Norfolk.
ONTARIO - The Premier of Ontario announced 7 more regions that can enter into Stage 3 on Friday, including Haldimand Norfolk.
The other regions that can move into Stage 3 on Friday include Durham, Halton, Hamilton, Lambton, Niagara and York Region. Toronto, Windsor-Essex and Peel will remain in Stage 2.
Premier Doug Ford says now is the time to support local.
"My friends, it starts with simple actions, visiting your local restuarant or small business, shopping local, buying Ontario made when you are at the grocery store or hardware store, because, if we all take those simple actions, we can all make a big, big difference. Billions of dollars in Economic activity, more jobs, more oppurtunity. The chance to build a better life for you and your community. We all have a part to play in rebuilding this province together."
The following businesses will be allowed to open in regions that will be in Stage 3 on Friday.
- Dine in Restaurants.
- Gyms and Fitness Centres
- Most personal care services
- Live Shows, Performing Arts and Movie Theatres
- Team Sports and Live Sporting Events
- Recreational Facilities and Activities
- Tour and Guide Services.
The Chief Medical Officer of Health, public health experts and other officials have advised the following, high-risk places and activities are not yet safe to open, even if a region has entered Stage 3, due to the likelihood of large crowds congregating, difficulties with physical distancing, or challenges maintaining the proper cleaning and sanitation required to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Amusement parks and water parks;
- Buffet-style food services;
- Dancing at restaurants and bars, other than by performers hired by the establishment following specific requirements;
- Overnight stays at camps for children;
- Private karaoke rooms;
- Prolonged or deliberate contact while playing sports;
- Saunas, steam rooms, bath houses and oxygen bars;
- Table games at casinos and gaming establishments.