The Community Services Department has decided to take a tiered approach to the reopening. Tier One began this past Friday, with no dates determined as of right now for Tier 2, 3 or 4.
Ingersoll - The Town of Ingersoll is taking Stage 3 of the provincial re-opening plan with some discretion.
Staff have been working diligently to gather information to ensure they can reopen facilities to the public in compliance with provincial and public health regulations.
The Community Services Department has decided to take a tiered approach to the reopening.
Tier One began this past Friday, with the opening of Parks Playground Structures, equipped with signs. They are asking the public to take caution still and to understand that they are not cleaned and sanitized.
- Splash Pad hours will be extended to 10:30am to 6:30pm daily, weather permitting. There will also be a limit of 25 people on the splash pad at one time.
- Skateboard Parks are open, with a limit of 15 people on the skateboard park at one time, and is open from 10am to 7pm daily.
- Beach Volleyball Courts at Fusion will open to the public with a 6 person maximum occupancy, and open from 10am to 7pm daily.
- Outdoor Ball Hockey Rink at Fusion will open to the public with 10 people maximum occupancy. Hours of operation are 10am to 7pm daily.
- Shuffleboard at the Arena is open and will run Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
- The new Gym at Victoria Park Community Centre will reopen On Monday July 27th with a maximum occupancy of 10 people in the gym at one time. You must pre-register for 90 minute time slots online. There will be limited selection of indoor fitness classes offered starting July 27th, with a maximum of 10 people per class.
A date has yet to be determined for Tier Two of the Town's opening.
The Victoria Park Community Centre Pool & Fusion Youth Drop in Centre will open with modified hours of operation and programming.
When Tier Three begins, hours of operation and programming will be expanded to meet the needs of the community.
Tier Four will bring the resumption of regular program schedules and return to normal hours of operation.
Everyone is reminded to wash and sanitize hands regularly, ensure physical/ social distancing and are also encouraged to wear masks when physical distancing is a challenge.