On Air Now

ON With Mario Lopez

9:00pm - 1:00am

  • 519-537-1047

Now Playing

Premier Ford Warns of Stronger Restrictions in Hot Spot Regions

Premier Ford says hot spot regions in the GTA are staring down the barrel of another lockdown and says they will be announcing stricter measures in the coming days.

ONTARIO - Ontario Premier Doug Ford issued a warning today about tougher restrictions coming to hot spot regions.

Ford says we continue to see extremely troubling numbers in Peel, Toronto and York regions.

"The virus is spreading at alarming rates in these areas and I can't stress this enough, the situation is extremely, extremely serious and right now we are staring down the barrel of another lockdown in these regions."

Ford says they will be making an announcement on new measures soon.

"Last week I asked the Chief Medical Officer of Health to come back with his recommendations on what we need to do to flatten the curve on the second wave. We expect new measures to be discussed at cabinet and announced in the coming days, because my friends, we need to hunker down, we need to stick together and together we will get through this."

Ford says he's fed up with people carrying on with their lives like the virus is over.

"A lot of people contact this virus, no fault of their own and then we have other people who go out to the big parties, go out to the big celebrations, have 4th of July fireworks last Saturday, it's unacceptable and everyone thinks it's a big joke, everyone thinks it's fine, we'll see how fine it is, because I am done with this. I am done with people holding parties, having gettogether's and unfortunately everyone in those regions have to hunker down, they have to pay the price because of careless people out there holding these parties."   

You can listen to the Premier's remarks below:

More from Local News

Comments

Add a comment

Log in to the club or enter your details below.

Weather

Recently Played