Several roads and parks are still closed in Brant County thanks to flooding from the weekend.
BRANT COUNTY - Several roads and parks are still closed in Brant County thanks to flooding from the weekend.
The public is asked to stay away from all waterways due to the extreme risk at this time. Banks adjacent to rivers and creeks are very slippery and, when combined with current weather conditions, pose a serious hazard. Parents are encouraged to keep their children and pets away from all watercourses.
Due to flooding, the following are closed until further notice:
- Burford Lions Art Cadman Park , 78 Maple Ave., Burford
- Bean Park, 4 Spencer St., Paris
- Lions Park, 30 – 80 Laurel St., Paris
- Eric Thomlinson River Access, 26 Forbes St., Glen Morris
- Mechanic Street bridge (accessing Paris Lions Parks)
- Burford area: Concession 5, between Middle Townline/County Road 25 to Lawrence Road
- Onondaga area: Front Street, between Highway 54 to the dead end
- South of Brantford area: New Port Road, between Cockshutt Road to River Road