The Town of Tillsonburg is closing down additional facilities including the Community Centre and has cancelled all March Break camps.
TILLSONBURG - The Town of Tillsonburg is continuing to take action in response to the spread of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) in Canada.
In an effort to protect the community, the Town is closing the Tillsonburg Community Centre, effective midnight tonight. Increased cleaning and social distancing measures will be implemented at all remaining Town-owned facilities. The Town recognizes that any closure causes unintended challenges and concerns for families. We would not take this action if we did not believe it was in the best interest of the community.
Access to Town Facilities
The following facilities are closed until further notice and have no public building access.
- Tillsonburg Community Centre (effective 12:01 a.m. on March 16, 2020)
- Annandale National Historic Site (effective March 13, 2020) Senior Centre (effective March 13, 2020)
- Oxford County Library – Tillsonburg Branch (effective March 13, 2020)
While the Town continues to evaluate the situation, residents and businesses are asked to use electronic and phone communication where possible, and avoid all non-essential visits to reduce the risk to the community. Remember that a number of Town services are available online including:
- Recreation program registration/withdrawal
- Property Tax payments
- Utility payments
- Pet licence purchasing If you need assistance using these services, please call 519.688.3009 for assistance.
There are numerous changes to recreational programming as a result of these closures.
- Annandale National Historic Site Closed.
- All March Break programming and program room bookings are cancelled. Staff will be in touch regarding refunds and/or rescheduling when facility operations return to normal. If you require a refund sooner, please call 519.842.2294.
- Tillsonburg Community Centre Closed.
- All programs and facility bookings at the Community Centre are cancelled, including March Break Camp.
No public access to the building. All programs delivered at local schools are cancelled until further notice. Essential Services Tillsonburg Fire and Rescue Services has cancelled public education visits and other community activities at this time. Emergency response is currently unaffected. EMS, Hydro, OPP and Water are unaffected at this time. For more information Stay up to date on the Town’s COVID-19 response by visiting www.tillsonburg.ca/covid19