Standard Contest Rules and Regulations
104.7 Heart FM Woodstock (CHIR-FM)
1. By entering any contest on 104.7 Heart FM (also known as CIHR-FM and referred herein as station, Heart FM or CIHR) or at a sponsor location you agree to the following terms and conditions:
2. No purchase is required for any contest played on 104.7 Heart FM.
3. Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded. There is no cash surrender value for the prizes. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. "station” assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. Station is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer.
4. All prizes must be picked up by the winner from our office located at 223 Norwich Ave Woodstock unless otherwise stated, during normal office hours (Monday to Friday 9am -5pm except for statutory holidays).
5. Winners are required to present photo identification (i.e. health card or drivers license) when picking up a prize before being declared a winner.
6. Prizes not picked up within 30 days of the date of winning may no longer be awarded. The radio station will not mail prizes
7. Only one winner or qualifier per household per 30 days on 104.7 Heart FM, for prizes valued under $600 dollars. After winning a prize valued over $1000, winner must wait one full year before they are eligible to win another prize over $600. All sales, prize and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner.
8. Unless otherwise stated, contests are open to all residents of the Province of Ontario who are within the listening range of 104.7 Heart FM.
9. Employees of 104.7 Heart FM, Byrnes Communications, Byrnesmedia Inc, and participating sponsors, spouses, parents, children, siblings, and any person living in the same residence with them are not eligible to enter contests on the station or win prizes. .
10. Each participant in the contest, including all eligible contestants and winners acknowledge that 104.7 Heart FM has the right to reproduce, publicize, and broadcast his/her name, likeness, voice, and the fact that he/she won the contest and all matters incidental thereto, without compensation. By entering a contest, participants also agree to give 104.7 Heart FM the right to use their name in marketing campaigns, mailing lists, and research projects not necessarily associated with the contest.
11. By participating in any 104.7 Heart FM contests, the entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and the specific rules of the contest. In the event of any disagreement as to whether a person is an eligible entrant or winner, or as to the qualification of any winner, or as to the adequacy of the prize, the decision of the contest judges shall be final.
12. Contest rules are subject to change without notice, if necessary, to comply with any applicable law or policy of 104.7 Heart FM, or any other entity having jurisdiction over 104.7 Heart FM. All contests on 104.7 Heart FM are subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws.
13. Chances of winning are dependent upon the number of people listening to 104.7 Heart FM at the contest execution.
14. 104.7 Heart FM may amend or terminate any of its contests or any portion thereof at its discretion without advanced notice.
15. Unless otherwise stated, these official rules govern all contests on 104.7 Heart FM. Copies of these rules are available from our offices located at 223 Norwich Ave Woodstock during normal business hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm – closed on Statutory Holidays).
16. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
17. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified.
18. 104.7 Heart FM is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching the radio station. Moreover if a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of the 104.7 Heart FM judges are final.
19. All contest entries will become the property of 104.7 Heart FM.
20. In exchange for the right to participate in any contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant's participation in the Contest.