The Brant Community Healthcare System will be opening a COVID-19 offsite assessment centre at the Brantford Civic Centre on Wednesday March 25. It will be available by appointment only.
BRANT COUNTY - The Brant Community Healthcare System will be opening a COVID-19 offsite assessment centre at the Brantford Civic Centre on Wednesday March 25. It will be available by appointment only.
The assessment centre will address the necessary steps and/or if testing for COVID-19 is required based on symptoms, travel history and/or exposure to known cases.
Before going to the assessment centre, please complete the following steps:
1. Complete the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) self-assessment available through the Public Health Ontario website.
2. If the self-assessment indicates that clinical assessment should be done, please contact:
a. Your family doctor
b. Telehealth: 1-866-797-0000
3. If your family doctor or Telehealth think you need to be seen at the assessment centre call the BCHS hotline at 519-751-5818 for further assessment to ensure you meet the assessment criteria.
Please note: If you start experiencing worsening symptoms and require urgent care, please visit the local emergency department or call 911.
Assessment centre process:
- At the assessment centre you will be examined by a nurse who will determine whether or not a test is required based on the most up to date case definition established by public health.
- If a test is required, a swab will be taken and sent to the lab.
- If your symptoms are low severity and do not require hospitalization, you will be sent home to self-isolate while awaiting your results.
- Should you experience severe symptoms, necessary precautions will be taken.
People getting tested at the Assessment centre will not be allowed to have visitors unless:
- An adult accompanying a child who is a patient
- A frail elderly person
- A person with a disability
- An interpreter for a patient
Not all individuals who have an appointment at the Assessment centre will get tested. A nurse will determine whether or not testing for COVID-19 is necessary after they provide an examination.
Hours and Location:
- Hours: Monday – Sunday, 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Brantford Civic Centre, 79 Market St S, Brantford, ON N3S 2E4