The Woodstock Police Service will be stepping up patrols Downtown to protect businesses that are being forced to close down for 14 days.
WOODSTOCK - The Woodstock Police Service will be stepping up patrols Downtown to protect businesses that are being forced to close down for 14 days.
WPS understands and values the concerns of business owners during this time and will be taking immediate action to prevent break and enters, vandalism and other criminal activity. Police would like to remind business owners that there are many steps they can take to assist in protecting their business and property.
Crime prevention tips for businesses owners to secure vacated businesses/property:
- Regularly check on your business at different times and look for signs of damage or attempted entry. Notify police if anything suspicious is found.
- Ensure all doors and windows are locked and secure.
- Remove anything around your business/property that could be used to force entry.
- Empty storefront display windows.
- Remove all valuables including cash from till and leave the till open with cash tray visibly empty
- Consider utilizing a surveillance system that can be monitored in real time by a phone or remotely if you have not already
- Ensure alarm systems are working and contact lists are up to date
- Clearly post that the location is monitored by an alarm company
- Have some indoor and outdoor lights on timers or leave some lights on to assist video surveillance.
- Clean all smooth surfaces including windows, doors, floors and counters before leaving and take note when you’ve done so to assist investigators with identification (fingerprints, etc.) in the event of a break in
Add a comment