Domestic Abuse Services Oxford or DASO is going to adjust services and programs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
WOODSTOCK - Domestic Abuse Services Oxford or DASO is going to adjust services and programs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here is the full statement from Executive Director Rhonda Hendel:
DASO recognizes that in times of uncertainty and stress, our essential services and programs are needed - more than ever - in the communities of Oxford. We are doing our best to keep vital services operating while maintaining the safety and security of our staff and our service users: women, children and adolescents who are impacted by domestic abuse and/or homelessness.
Our services are crucial as families are directed to self-isolate which puts some people at further risk of domestic abuse. They are even more crucial when you don’t have a home to go to. It is our intention to remain open unless otherwise directed by our Provincial Government funders.
The services and programs operating are:
- 24/7 crisis/support/information line: 1-800-265-1938 or 519-539-4811 or text to 519-788-9993
- Emergency shelter for women, children and adolescents impacted by domestic abuse and/or homelessness. To ensure the safety and security of our service users and staff team, we are practicing social distancing within the shelter which has placed some limitations on our shelter services.
- Transitional support services by telephone at 519-539-7488 x 224
The services and programs not currently operating:
- Community-based counselling, including sexual assault counselling, is suspended but will resume April 13, 2020 by telephone only. This program is for current clients until circumstances change. Women can continue to access support through our 24/7 crisis/support/ information lines.
- Believe in Me, a community-based counselling program for women, children and adolescents, is cancelled under further notice.
We have taken the following measures for the safety of our service users and staff:
- Increased cleaning, disinfection, infection control, social distancing and active screening
- We are unable to accept in-person donations of goods or money until further notice.
- Financial donations can be sent by mail to 975 James St., Woodstock, ON N4S 0A5 or made through our website (www.daso.ca) or call 519.539.7488 x 236.
- Service providers (other than Emergency Services) are denied access to our building until further notice.
We are grateful for the community’s support and understanding as we work to protect the safety and security of our service users and staff team during these exceptional times.
Add a comment