On Air Now

Heart FM Rewind

6:00pm - Midnight

  • 519-537-1047

Now Playing

Fire on King Street

Nobody was injured after a house fire on King Street in Woodstock this afternoon.

WOODSTOCK - Woodstock firefighters were called out to a small fire on King Street this afternoon. 

Firefighters had to force their way into the home and found the origin of the fire in the upstairs washroom. The fire was caused by unattended smoking materials. It caused about $8,000 in damage.

Public Information Coordinator Lisa Woods says things could have been much worse today. 

“This fire could have been much worse if not for the quick action of a citizen walking by and hearing the alarm sounding and calling 911 immediately as the home owners were not home. Firefighters were able to respond in timely manner to mitigate a substantial fire loss to the home.” 

The Woodstock Fire Department would like to remind residents that smoke alarms are required on every level of your home, including outside of all sleeping areas. Smoke alarms provide you with an early warning should a fire occur and can allow advance time for you and your family to safely escape.

Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms today and ensure they are working!

More from Local News

Comments

Add a comment

Log in to the club or enter your details below.
Rating *

Weather

Recently Played