The Huron Perth Health Unit is coordinating a Virtual Assessment Model for anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. This is important information for residents and includes neighbouring communities, such as Tavistock.
HURON/PERTH COUNTY - The Huron Perth Health Unit is coordinating a Virtual Assessment Model. This is important information for residents and includes neighbouring communities, such as Tavistock.
Healthcare providers involved in the Huron Perth & Area Ontario Health Team are working together to provide COVID-19 assessment services to all residents. While some areas of the province are opening assessment centres, Huron Perth is coordinating a Virtual Assessment Model so that people can get an assessment from a trustworthy source without travelling and having contact with others.
If someone is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as cough or fever:
1. Complete the Ontario government’s On Line Assessment tool at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/#q0.
2. If the online tool tells you to seek clinical assessment, contact the office of your family doctor for a phone assessment. If you do not have a family doctor, contact Huron Perth Public Health. It is important that you do not visit your doctor’s office without calling first.
3. If further action is needed, you will be given directions by the assessor.
For those without access to a computer, contact the office of your family doctor for a phone assessment. If you do not have a family doctor, contact Huron Perth Public Health.
Currently, Virtual Assessment Services are available during Family Health Team office hours and during after-hours clinics where available. Please do not show up at the office without calling first:
- Bluewater Area Family Health Team: 519-236-4314
- Clinton Family Health Team: 519-482-3000
- Grand Bend and Area Community Health Centre
- Grand Bend site: 519-238-2362
- Hensall site: 519-262-3140
- Happy Valley Family Health Team: 519-284-3450
- Huron Community Family Health Team: 519-600-2273
- Maitland Valley Family Health Team/AMGH: 519-524-5412
- North Perth Family Health Team: 519-291-4200
- North Huron Family Health Team: 519-357-3930
- South Huron Medical Centre: 519-235-3343
- Stratford Family Health Team: 519-273-7017
- STAR Family Health Team
- O’Loane Medical Building: 519-273-1060
- Avon Family Medicine Centre: 519-508-1212
- Tavistock Community Health: 519-655-2322
- Huron Perth Public Health: 1-888-221-2133 ext. 3267
If calling for a Virtual Assessment after hours and on weekends, please call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or Huron Perth Public Health at 1-888-221-2133 ext. 3267.
Add a comment