Both of the accused have been remanded into custody
Two men from London are facing drug and weapon charges after an incident in Woodstock.
Around 4:10 a.m. today, police received reports of a suspicious vehicle in the Blossom Park Road area.
Police say two men were inside the car, and witnesses reported seeing one of them walking around with a bat.
According to investigators, the 2016 silver Dodge caravan had been reported stolen out of Middlesex County.
A search turned up fentanyl, crystal meth, cocaine, LSD, a loaded sawed off semi-automatic rifle, an airsoft replica handgun, cattle prod, knives, axes and a baseball bat.
Police arrested 27 year old Dustin James Hill and 32 year old Larry Jesse Patrick Dean with the following offences:
- Two (2) counts of Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition;
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm;
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was firearm;
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was prohibited or restricted weapon;
- Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm;
- Possession of property obtained by crime - over $5000;
- Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with;
- Possession of a schedule I substance - cocaine;
- Traffick in schedule I substance - opioid (other than heroin); and
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking - methamphetamine;
Dean is also facing one count of Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order, while HILL is also facing the additional charges of:
- Obstruct peace officer;
- Two (2) counts of failure to comply with release order - other than to attend court; and
- Two (2) counts of assault a peace officer.
Both suspects have been remanded into custody.
Anyone with information is asked to call Woodstock Police at 519-537-2323