Manager of Engineering Services Melissa Abercrombie is one of 15 members on the Board of Directors and she was elected last week.
OXFORD COUNTY - The Manager of Engineering Services at Oxford County Public Works has been named to the Board of Directors for the Ontario Good Roads Association.
Melissa Abercrombie says the OGRA is an advocate for transportation services in Ontario.
"So they advocate for the interest of municipal transportation and public works departments. They assist with policy changes, discussing legislation with our counterparts in the Province and work on different things regarding training, making sure we have training available for our staff to take that is applicable and work on infrastructure asset management and things like that."
Melissa Abercrombie is one of 15 members on the Board of Directors and she was elected to the position last week.
She says the OGRA represents different municipalities in the Province.
"The board is made up of politicians as well as staff working in those municipalities, we almost have an equal split between the two. We help look at what policies are members are wanting to bring forward and we work on drafting those policies and take them to the legislature, work on what the training needs are and provide an overall guidance body to that organization."
OGRA 2020/2021 BOD Includes:
- Dave Burton, OGRA 1st Vice-President, Mayor, Municipality of Highlands East
- Paul Schoppmann, OGRA 2nd Vice-President, Mayor, Municipality of St.-Charles
- John Parsons, CET, OGRA 3rd Vice-President, Division Manager, Road Operations & Forestry, City of London
- Rick Kester, P.Eng., Immediate Past President
- Melissa Abercrombie, P.Eng. Manager, Engineering Services, Oxford County
- Paul Ainslie, Councillor, City of Toronto
- Chris Angelo, Director of Public Works & Environmental Services, City of Quinte West
- Antoine Boucher, P.Eng. Director of Public Works and Engineering, Municipality of East Ferris
- Aakash Desai, Deputy Mayor, Municipality of Grey Highlands
- Kelly Elliott, Deputy Mayor, Municipality of Thames Centre
- Cheryl Fort, Mayor, Township of Hornepayne
- Donna Jebb, Councillor, Town of New Tecumseth
- Steven Kodama, P.Eng. Director or Transportation Services, City of Toronto
- Bryan Lewis, Councillor, Town of Halton Hills
Add a comment