The Thames Valley District School and the London District Catholic School Board will be closing all Child Care Centres, including March Break camps for the next three weeks.
OXFORD COUNTY - The Thames Valley District School will be closing all Child Care Centres, including March Break camps for the next three weeks.
They issued the following statement on their web site today:
Following yesterday’s announcement that Ontario schools have been ordered to remain closed from March 14 through to April 5, 2020, Thames Valley District School Board buildings will be closed to the public during this period. Thames Valley will be operating with minimal essential operational staff only, such as senior administration, communications, human resources, maintenance and custodial, accounting and payroll.
CLOSED: All Child Care Centres in TVDSB schools, including March Break camps
CLOSED: Alternative, Adult and Continuing Education
CLOSED: All EarlyON Child and Family Centres and London Family Centres
CANCELLED: All Community Use of Facility permits, including the weekend of March 14 and 15, including the evening of March 14
CANCELLED: All international field trips are cancelled for the remainder of the school year, and out of province trips are cancelled until the end of April
CANCELLED: Dual Credit programs and all Co-op placements
CANCELLED: All athletic and artistic competitions and practices are cancelled until April 5
Travel: if students or staff are travelling outside of the province during the March Break, they are expected to follow local health unit, provincial and federal guidelines before returning to childcare, schools and TVDSB workplaces. Please note that the guidelines are quickly evolving.
Meanwhile here is the list of closures and cancellations from the London District Catholic School Board:
- Before and after school programs: all are cancelled
- Daycare centres located at LDCSB schools: all are closed
- Family Centres located at LDCSB schools: all are closed
- Centre for Lifelong Learning: closed
- Community Use of Schools: all reservations are cancelled through April 5
- Co-Op Placements, OYAP, SWAC and Dual-Credit: all are cancelled
- Athletics and extracurricular activities: everything scheduled through to April 5 are postponed or cancelled
- Field Trips: all field trips scheduled for the month of April will be cancelled or postponed
- Board Office: the LDCSB Board Office be closed to the general public
Add a comment