Woodstock Police charged a male and female with several firearm related offences on Sunday after a semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun was discovered in their vehicle during a traffic stop.
WOODSTOCK - Police got a call about a possible impaired driver in the area of Finkle St. Sunday afternoon.
When police pulled over the vehicle, the officer saw a black gun case in the back seat that contained a black semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun.
Police arrested and charged a male and female in the incident with several firearm related offences including;
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Both parties will appear in court later this month.
Police are reminding people that proper licensing and permits are required to possess and transport firearms. Having unauthorized possession of a firearm and carelessly storing and transporting a firearm can lead to jail time of up to 2 years for a first offence.
Add a comment